1. I made John’s favorite dessert today and it just doesn’t taste right… Not the “I think I forgot an ingredient” kind of not right. More like the “something is definitely wrong” not right. I think it’s the walnuts. It bums me out because out I wanted to do something nice for him, and it tastes just plain weird. But the dessert is otherwise so good we ate it all anyway. “We” being John and I. The girls weren’t interested. They had cookies. I hope we’ll be okay…
2. I’ve been trying to listen to a really good movie while I “work” on the computer. It just isn’t the same as sitting on the couch and watching it.
3. Summer break is half over. Boo!!!
4. I am very very very very very very very very very very very very blessed to have most of my close family nearby. Most of my close friends do not live anywhere near their families, and do not enjoy the benefits of being able to get together frequently and with ease. Sure, some would say that I never really “got away” from here, but why would I want to “escape” when most of what I love is within a one hour round trip drive?
5. I really, really, really need to get up to Springfield and see Jaime and Leslie. Now that the kitchen is done, that might actually happen soon.
This is a pathetic excuse for a blog, I know. Sorry.