I borrowed this idea from another blog… Mamalogues I believe. Today is a much needed trebuchet day. A day to list all those things that I would like to flig, to cast-off, to send into orbit, or at least far, far away from here.
1. icy/crummy road conditions
2. pointless meetings
3. condescending reminders of a dress code that prohibits wearing clothing that is appropriate for icy road conditions.
4. bad timing
5. not having time for anything.
6. working over Christmas “break”
And now for the list of things that I’d like to keep, to cling to, to nuzzle up and cuddle and holdontofordearlife.
1. Christmas trees
2. Early morning snuggles with an extremely cuddly 2 year old
3. Friends who call just to see if you’re okay.
4. Friends who call and understand if you can’t talk long.
5. Christmas holiday buffets.
7. People who are patient
8. Students who remember that their teachers are people, too.
Feel free to fling your crud with me. It’s a big trebuchet. It can handle it.